Practice Secretary / Administrator Vacancy
- Hours: 30 hours per week – times negotiable at interview
- Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Closing Date: 12 April 2021
As part of our succession planning, we are looking to recruit an experienced Practice Secretary to expand and support our administrative team. The successful candidate will join a small team to help manage the day-to-day administrative workload at the practice. Thiswillincludeaudio-typing letters and referrals, processing and coding medical documents, taking minutes of clinical and non-clinical meetings and assisting with a wide variety of administrative tasks using several different IT systems. In addition, responsibilities will include managing requests for private medical reports and copies of medical records, producing insurance reports and patient letters, producing invoices and communicating directly with patients.
Applicants must have a friendly and approachable manner, with a strong work ethic. It is also important that the successful candidate is able to be flexible to cover sickness and absence leave of the existing team when required.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will;
- Have the ability to produce audio-typed letters to a high standard and with careful attention to the detail of medical terminology, grammar and spelling.
- Be able to communicate clearly and sensitively with clinical and non-clinical colleagues, and members of the public.
- Be friendly and helpful, willing to assist and support other members of the team.
- Be able to work confidently on filing, coding and summarising medical records on ourSystmOne ClinicalSystem (training will be provided).
- Quickly become competent in the use of several different IT systems, including Microsoft Office applications, and provide trouble-shooting support for the team when problems arise.
- Work on a variety of different tasks, prioritising these appropriately, and occasionally taking responsibility for reaching specific targets and liaising with different people to make that happen.
- Be confident to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Always strive to maintain the highest standards of service delivery for excellent patient care.
Park Lane Surgery is busy, friendly GP Practicewith4 GP Partners and 6700 patients. We are forward thinking and pro-active, always aiming to maintain the highest standards of practice to deliver excellent care to our patients as well as protecting the safety and well-being of staff.
The way that we work is continually evolving, especially so in the last year, and we need to adapt quickly to new ways of working and embrace improvements to practice processes and technology as they become available.
Please apply by sending a covering email or letter with an up-to-date copy of your CV. Send via email for the attention of Lesley Hutchinson, Practice Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org.